The gift of sight is precious; it is the sense that people fear losing the most. Yet 40 people tragically lose their sight every day in the UK and research into eye disease, sight loss and blindness remains one of the most underfunded areas of medical research. That's why we need your help, to fund this vital research which can bring hope to people who are otherwise destined to lose their sight.
We make the following promises to all our supporters:
- We will NEVER sell your details
- You can change how you hear from us at any time
- We abide by a strict code of conduct for best practice in our fundraising
There are many ways you can support National Eye Research Centre:
- You can make one-off or regular donations. Both regular and one-off secure donations can be made through this website here, or by phoning 0117 325 7757 with a credit or debit card, or by sending a cheque payable to National Eye Research Centre and posting to National Eye Research Centre, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LX, or by completing a direct debit form and sending it to this address. Please consider giving a regular gift by direct debit as this gives us confidence of continuing income and allows us to plan better for the future of our research programmes. If you would prefer to post us a direct debit instruction please complete this form: NERC DD form.pdf Alternatively you can download a single donation form, print and complete it and send with your donation cheque to the address below NERC Donation Form A4.pdf
- You can also make regular donations from your pay cheque using the Government's tax-efficient Give As You Earn scheme. It's easy to set up and your donation is worth more as the government allows your gift to be made from your gross salary saving you from paying tax on it. For more information click here.
- You can also support us by participating in a number of sponsored challenge events, like marathon running, abseiling or foreign trekking and mountaineering. Would you like to do a challenge event but haven't been able to find the right one for you? Don't worry, our team can help you find the perfect challenge event for you, just get in touch
- Trusts and Foundations wishing to support eye research in the UK can give to National Eye Research Centre confident that their grant will be directed to the best eye research programmes currently being conducted in the UK
- Companies can sponsor various eye research programmes and receive media and direct marketing recognition of their support. We have a number of commercial sponsorship packages available to suit every commercvial budget and marketing need
- Have you lost a loved one whose sight benefited from procedures developed from advanced eye research? The perfect way to remember them and help others is to make an in memoriam gift. Please contact us for details
- Have you, or a loved one, benefited from eye research? Remembering National Eye Research Centre in your will is a simple and tax efficient way to make a lasting contribution to eye research. We can help you with the wording you will need for your will or codicil. Please contact us for details
To all those individuals, trusts and companies who are already supporting National Eye Research Centre, or who have remembered us in their will, we would like to say a big thank you. Your donations have made a vital difference to the eye research that has been possible in the UK.
To all those who would like to help us fund further research into diseases of the eye and the prevention of blindness please:
- Make a regular or one off secure online donation here
- Download a donation form here, print it, complete it and send it with your donation cheque to the address below
- Call 0117 325 7757 to make a donation or request more information, or
- Email us at email@example.com or
- Write to us at: National Eye Research Centre, Bristol Eye Hospital, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LX